- June 2004 - Encounter was founded.
The Company was incorporated to conduct project evaluations and to seek acquisition opportunities in the Eastern Goldfields of WA.
- October 2004 - Identified the changing nature of the world uranium market and the potential future value of high quality uranium exploration projects in WA in the event of changes in the regulatory environment.
- December 2004 - Together with Avoca, conducted a regional targeting and land acquisition program.
- December 2004 to February 2005 - Submitted exploration licence applications over the strike continuation of the Yeelirrie deposit and the most significant radiometric anomalies in the Yilgarn and Officer Basin in WA.
- April 2005 - Executed a formal joint venture with Avoca giving Encounter the right to earn 60% of the Uranium Rights on the Lake Way South Tenement.
- April-May 2005 - Conducted a detailed review of the GSWA regional geochemical data and applied for tenements over a number of uranium anomalies in the Yilgarn and Bangemall Basin of WA.
- May 2005 - Converted to a public company
- September 2005 - Peter Bewick joined the Company as Exploration Director. Paul Chapman became Non Executive Chairman.
- 24th March 2006 - Encounter Resources Ltd shares were listed on the Australian Stock Exchange